Referate und Hausarbeiten : Englisch
Martin Luther King JR
1.Personal data on Martin Luther King Jr.
-was born on 29th of January 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia
-oldest son of Martin Luther King senior(Baptist minister) & Alberta Williams King(school teacher)
-unusual characteristic: father and son actual were called Michael Luther King junior and senior, but both decided to change their name to Martin Luther King junior and senior
-Martin Luther King jr was born in a very religious family.
-his father was very closely attached to the local Baptist church called Ebenezer, which was a negro community in Atlanta
-as he was only fifteen, he entered the “Morehouse College”
-with only 17 years, Martin Luther King was ordained to a Baptist-priest
-in 1951, when he had finishes his diploma at the "Crozer Theological Seminary" he worked as a graduated at the university of Boston
-while his time in Boston he met Coretta Scott, who he married on the 18th of June in 1953
- On the evening of April 4, 1968, while standing on the balcony of his motel room in Memphis, Tennessee, where he was to lead a protest march in sympathy with striking garbage workers of that city, he was assassinated.
Why Martin Luther King Jr began to fight against racial segregation
-grew up in one of the most segregated areas in the USA
- Always a strong worker for civil rights for members of his race
- member of the executive committee of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- philosophy of nonviolent resistance
- His interests, however, widened from civil rights to include criticism of the Vietnam War and a deeper concern over poverty
- appearing wherever there was injustice, protest, and action
How Martin Luther King fought for his meanings an who his great role model was
-he never used physical violence in his fight fpr the negroes
-began a non-violent fight against injustice and segregation
-led strikes, sit-ins and demonstrations
-his role model was Mahatma Ghandi, because he ...