menu Registrieren menu Mitglieder Login menu Chat menu Flirtsuche menu Forum menu Shop
 Schule & Uni
menu Referate
menu FAQs
Neue User2
 Neue Mitglieder
  • Profilbild von marathon500

Maennlich marathon500

• Profilbild von lumoviju

Weiblich lumoviju

• Profilbild von Croloo

Weiblich Croloo

• Profilbild von momigotmilk

Maennlich momigotmilk

• Profilbild von evimeli

Weiblich evimeli

• Profilbild von Mehlimehl123

Weiblich Mehlimehl123

• Profilbild von mederlein_

Maennlich mederlein_

• Profilbild von mederlein

Maennlich mederlein

• Profilbild von noname9999

Weiblich noname9999

• Profilbild von paulniklasInsta

Weiblich paulniklasInsta

Schule & Referate
Forum durchsuchen:

The Perks of beeing a Wallflower

(234x gelesen)

Seiten: 1

Du mußt dich registrieren, bevor Du einen Beitrag bzw. eine Antwort erstellen kannst.

Beitrag von danielder

23.08.2005 17:15:51

danielder hat kein Profilbild...

danielder hat das Thema eröffnet...

The Perks of beeing a Wallflower - Dieses Buch lesen wir zur Zeit in ENglisch und ich verstehe leider garnix! (Und ich bin nicht alleine)

Kennt jemand das Buch? Weiß jemand, wo ich eine Zusammenfassung bekomme (Deutsch oder Englisch) Ich habe bis jetzt nur Englische Zusammenfassungen gefunden und die waren nie in der Reihenfolge, wie es auch im Buch passiert etc. Es waren eher Empfehlungen.

Kann mir jemand helfen???

Profil | Livenachricht | SMS senden | Gästebuch | Nachricht | Bildergalerie

Beitrag von Atlantay

23.08.2005 17:18:07

Profilbild von Atlantay ...

is doch net schwer ^^ ich habs innerhalb von einem tag durchgelesen... ich hab aber nur n review mit a bisserl inhalt und mehr eigener meinung...

Beitrag von Atlantay

23.08.2005 17:19:56

Profilbild von Atlantay ...

oh merk grad is doch genug inhalt ^^

The novel ”The perks of being a wallflower“ written by the American Stephen Chbosky is about Charlie, whose life is a mess because he is mentally disordered and does not talk to anyone.
The novel is divided into four sections and one epilogue and consists of letters put into a chronical order and written by Charlie to an unknown confidant. They are written in variable time periods and are of variable lenght. In the end there is manifold overall picture even if Charlie’s narration is not straight-line - in his letters he also talks a lot about his past.

In the first part Charlie introduces himself not literally but in the reactions of his environment. (The) People get the impression that he is a freak and strange.
It is his first year on a high-school, where he does not know anybody. He is not very popular and does not feel comfortable.
That explains why he needs a friend to whom he can talk, he decides thus to write letters. In this letters he is very frank and honest, he does neither minimize anything nor exaggerate too much. Some events and topics are even nowadays provocating and shocking.
After the first weeks in high-school Charlie comes to know the siblings Sam and Pat, who soon become his best friends.
Charlie falls in love with Sam and has sexual dreams about her, but she says he is too young for her.
He also talks about his family to which he has no close relationship.
His advanced English teacher Bill is the only adult whom Charlie trusts. He gives books to his disciple, who has to write essays about them and also talks with him about feelings and needs.
The first section ends with “We were infinite”. Charlie became very good friends with Sam and Pat and finally feels that he belongs to somewhere.

The second section is about Charlie’s trials to participate. He does a lot with his new friends, begins to write for a fanzine and starts seeing the Rocky Horror Picture Show which is a huge cult in the US.
Charlie is confrontated with Pat’s homosexuality and that he is going out secretly with Brad.
Charlie celebrates a turbulent Thanksgiving with his family which is big and loves to fight.
Then Christmas is approaching and the youth celebrate Secret Santa. Charlie has to make Pat a present secretly and she has to, too. At the final party Charlie reads his last present, a poem, out loudly. He shows once again that he isn’t common.
After he got Sam’s present she kisses him to make sure that the first person who does so is someone who loves him.
Then it is his birthday that he dislikes. He feels miserable and lonely.
And the party on New Year’s eve does not make him feel better because Sam and Craig are having sex what Charlie is able to hear.
That is how the second section ends.

The third section is about Mary Elizabeth and Charlie’s relationship to his sister.
Because he took LSD at the party and is scared of the consequences, Charlie starts smoking secretly.
He restarts feeling confused and has to visit the psychiatrist again. Nevertheless, he begins to date Mary Elizabeth even if he does not love her.
His sister gets pregnant unintentionally and needs Charlie’s help more and more. It’s the first time someone really needs him and he is very proud of it.
Then another party takes place and Charlie is forced to kiss the most beautiful girl. He kisses Sam although he is together with Mary Elizabeth, who is shocked as all the others are too.
He is avoided by them from now on. By Bob who sells him pot he comes to know that Brad and Pat broke up.
The Easter vacation are very lonely and once again Charlie feels really bad.

That lasts on in the fourth part until Brad and Pat start a fight. Friends of Brad want to beat up Pat but Charlie helps him, so Pat begins to hang around with Charlie again. He takes him on “gay” tours to forget Brad and even kisses Charlie who lets it happen.
Problems are coming up and Charlie will soon be all alone again in high-school. There is a lot happening in this time: Sam and Craig break up, Charlie’s sister almost gets straight A’s and has now finished high-school and the relatives are coming over.
When it’s the day for Sam to leave she has a serious talk with Charlie and explains him that he has to be himself to feel good. Than she wants him to do what he wants and he finally dares to kiss her really. They start petting, but as soon as Sam touches Charlie’s lap, he stops her. In the following night he dreams that aunt Helen raped him.
He announces to not write anymore, at least not for the following time.

The epilogue is composed by a letter written two months later. Charlie spent those two months in hospital and now feels good.

This book became one of my favourites even though it was read in school what I usually do not like.
It is suspenseful and touching, because I as a teenager am interested in such topics.
I like the frank and honest way of writing and telling the events.
I also like Charlie very much, even if he is mentionally disordered and a freak.
Maybe I like him so much because he is in some way as I am. I also do not have a lot of friends, I am introverted and do not like to talk about feelings and needs. I also like writing and I listen to music carefully.
His taste of music and books and films suits me and I like that he thinks so much (even if it is not very healthy). He is not ordinary at all, he is smart and interesting and his faults make him even more absorbing.
I read with interest how Charlie progresses and learns participating and I am happy for him that in the end he succeeded in getting along.

What I found inadequate is that there are too many taboo and shock topics happening to one single teenager, as there are: Homosexuality, suicide, death, illness, sex, relationships, rape etc.

But in the end I love this book and I would advice to every 11th grade to read it in school even if it might be a bit uneasy to talk about some topics.

Beitrag von _jakob.

23.08.2005 17:21:59

_jakob. hat kein Profilbild...

n typ der briefe an nen
unbekannten schreibt? was es nicht alles gibt!!

Beitrag von hamburgajung

23.08.2005 17:26:32

hamburgajung hat kein Profilbild...

Gar nicht wird GAR NICHT zusammengeschrieben.. kein Wunder, dass du das alles nicht verstehst, wenn du nicht mal Deutsch kannst..

Seiten: 1

Du mußt dich registrieren, bevor Du einen Beitrag bzw. eine Antwort erstellen kannst.

Weitere interessante Beiträge aus dem Forum:
hat jemand material zu \"the perks of being a wall
\"the perks of being a wallflower\"

Dein Live Messenger LiveMessenger

Diese Funktion ist nur für Mitglieder verfügbar.

Anmelden | Login

Keine neue Nachricht
Jetzt Gratis bei registrieren...

0 Mitglieder online