menu Registrieren menu Mitglieder Login menu Chat menu Flirtsuche menu Forum menu Shop
 Schule & Uni
menu Referate
menu FAQs
Neue User0
 Neue Mitglieder
  • Profilbild von MRMPapst

Maennlich MRMPapst

• Profilbild von Julking98

Maennlich Julking98

• Profilbild von Yolomuffin01

Maennlich Yolomuffin01

• Profilbild von Sagi_17

Maennlich Sagi_17

• Profilbild von annamint

Weiblich annamint

• Profilbild von gernlerner

Maennlich gernlerner

• Profilbild von spencerwhite

Weiblich spencerwhite

• Profilbild von Anonym1234

Maennlich Anonym1234

• Profilbild von dbasdf

Maennlich dbasdf

• Profilbild von LaraHoran

Weiblich LaraHoran

Forum durchsuchen:

Hilfe Englischübersetzung

(567x gelesen)

Seiten: 1

Du mußt dich registrieren, bevor Du einen Beitrag bzw. eine Antwort erstellen kannst.

Beitrag von traumwelt_88

09.06.2009 23:34:34

traumwelt_88 hat kein Profilbild...

traumwelt_88 hat das Thema eröffnet...

ich steh gerade echt auf dem Schlauch.
Ich möchte schreiben:
"Postkarten sind persönlicher als E-Mails".

Postcards are MORE personal than . . .
Postcards are MUCH personal than . . .

oder ist es was ganz anderes??

Bitte helft mir

Profil | Livenachricht | SMS senden | Gästebuch | Nachricht | Bildergalerie

Beitrag von Haye

09.06.2009 23:45:58

Profilbild von Haye ...

wenn dann more.

Beitrag von Steakbeat

10.06.2009 00:04:43

Profilbild von Steakbeat ...

oder 'much more'.

Beitrag von Djole

10.06.2009 00:14:15

Profilbild von Djole ...

Könntet ihr mir auch mal sagen, ob dieser text .. Richtiges Englisch ist? ... da ich am donnerstag meine letze Mündliche Prüfung habe (Englisch prüfung realschule), und hat vielleicht jemand eine übersetzung?
Das ist ..Von martin Luther King Assassination..
Bitte helfen , bin schon völlig verzweifelt :S

Hier der Text:

On 29 March 1968, King went to Memphis, Tennessee, in support of the black sanitary public works employees, represented by AFSCME Local 1733, had the strike since 12 March for higher wages and better treatment. In one incident, black street repairmen received for two hours, when they sent home, because of bad weather, but white employees were for the whole day.
On 3 April King at a rally and has his "I got to the mountaintop" address at Mason Temple, the world headquarters of the Church of God in Christ. King's flight to Memphis had been delayed by a bomb threat against his plane. Near the last speech of his career, in relation to the bomb threat, King said the following:

And then I got to Memphis. And some began to say the threats, or about the dangers arising from. What would happen to me from some of our sick white brothers? Well, I do not know what will happen now. We have some difficult days ahead. But it does not matter with me now. Because I had on the mountain top. And I have nothing against it. As someone, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not worried about that now. I just want to do God's will. And he's allowed me to up to the mountain. And I looked. And I've seen the promised land. I can not with thee. But I want you to know tonight that we as a people, will be the promised land. And I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not afraid of anybody. My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

King was booked in room 306 at the Lorraine Motel, owned by Walter Bailey, in Memphis. The Reverend Ralph Abernathy, King's close friend and colleague, on the assassination, swore under oath to the United States House Select Committee on assassinations that King and his entourage stayed at room 306 at the Lorraine Motel so often it was known as " King-Abernathy suite. "King was shot at 6:01 clock the 4th April 1968, while he was at the motel on the second floor balcony. The ball through his right cheek smashing his jaw and then traveled after his spinal cord before lodging in his shoulder. According to Jesse Jackson, who was present, King's last words on the balcony to musician Ben Branch, was planned, in order that night at an event was to participate in King: "Ben, make sure you play Take My Hand, Precious Lord "at the meeting tonight. Play it real pretty." Abernathy heard the shot from the motel room, ran to the balcony to find King on the ground. The events following the shooting have been controversial because some people have accused Jackson of exaggerating his response.

After emergency surgery, King was dead at St. Joseph's Hospital at 7:05 pm According to biographer Taylor Branch, King's autopsy revealed that only thirty-nine years old, he had the heart of a sixty years old, perhaps a consequence of the burden of thirteen years in the civil rights movement.

The murder led to a nationwide wave of riots in more than 100 cities. President-designate of the Robert Kennedy was on his way to Indianapolis for a campaign rally when he was on King's death. He gave a short speech on authorizing the collection of fans informed of the tragedy and ask them to King's idea of nonviolence. President Lyndon B. Johnson declared 7th April a national day of mourning for the civil rights leader. Vice President Hubert Humphrey at King's funeral on behalf of Lyndon B. Johnson, because there were fears that Johnson's presence could be protests and perhaps violence. At the request of his widow, King of the last sermon at Ebenezer Baptist Church was played at the funeral.
It was a recording of his "Drum Major" sermon, which took place on 4 February 1968. In this sermon, King made a request that at his funeral no mention of his awards and honors be made, but they say that he intends to "Feed the hungry, clothe the naked," "will directly from the [Vietnam] war question "and" love and serve humanity. His good friend Mahalia Jackson sang his favorite hymn, "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" at the funeral. The city of Memphis quickly the strike favorable conditions for the sanitation of workers.

Two months after King's death, escaped condemn James Earl Ray was captured at London Heathrow Airport while trying, from the United Kingdom on a false Canadian passport in the name of Ramon George Sneyd. Ray was quickly extradited to Tennessee and with King's murder. He confessed to the murder on 10 March 1969, even though he recanted this confession three days later. On the advice of his attorney Percy Foreman, Ray pleaded guilty to a trial conviction and thus the possibility, after receiving the death penalty. Ray was a 99-year prison term. Ray fired Foreman as his attorney, from then on, derisively calling him "Percy Fourflusher." He claims a man he met in Montreal, Quebec with the alias "Raoul" was involved and that the assassination was the result of a conspiracy. He spent the rest of his life attempting (unsuccessfully) found guilty, his plea and the trial he never had.
On 10 June 1977, shortly after Ray had testified to the Committee on House Select murders that he did not shoot King, he and six other prisoners escape from Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary in Petros, Tennessee. They were on 13 June again and again to prison.

Beitrag von Djole

10.06.2009 00:16:53

Profilbild von Djole ...

Leider gibt es kein Edit button ..
wäre nett wenn es heute noch klappt ..bin noch ca 10mins on :S

Beitrag von Steakbeat

10.06.2009 00:34:25

Profilbild von Steakbeat ...

ne, ist kein richtiges englisch..

Beitrag von Djole

10.06.2009 00:37:15

Profilbild von Djole ...

Omg echt? :S

Beitrag von wirbelwin...

10.06.2009 01:03:19

wirbelwindchen hat kein Profilbild...

bissel viel text für die uhrzeit, ne?

Beitrag von Alcredo

10.06.2009 12:19:47

Alcredo hat kein Profilbild...

Sicher dass du die Prüfung machen musst? Gibt es keinen anderen Weg? ^^

Seiten: 1

Du mußt dich registrieren, bevor Du einen Beitrag bzw. eine Antwort erstellen kannst.

Weitere interessante Beiträge aus dem Forum:
Ich brauche Eure Hilfe!
Hilfe- Bildbeschreibung
Eröterung hilfe schnell !!!
Bitte um Hilfe.Es geht um das Fach Religion Thema
EZB Referat - HILFE!

Dein Live Messenger LiveMessenger

Diese Funktion ist nur für Mitglieder verfügbar.

Anmelden | Login

Keine neue Nachricht
Jetzt Gratis bei registrieren...

0 Mitglieder online