Schule & Referate
98 credits für googlen!(809x gelesen)
|Seiten: 1 2|
ich muss morgen in englisch ein referat über das buch "sold" von zana muhsen und andrew crofts halten und auch über die schriftsteller erzählen.
Ich such jetz seit ungefähr einer stunde in google aber ich find keine daten über andrew crofts abgesehen davon, dass er ein "ghostwriter" ist.
vielleicht bin ich ja einfach unfähig in sachen google (;
wär auf jeden fall enorm,wahnsinnig,krankhaft,voll,extrem toll, wenn jemand von euch was über ihn findet!?
nur wenn wem langweilig is oder wer credits braucht.
ich verschenke 98 an den der mir möglichst viele daten über den schriftsteller sagt.also dann. (ich brauch die credits sowieso nicht )
> rock on
|achja das geburtsdatum von zana mushen wär auch nicht schlecht (;|
ah ich bin unfähig.hm.egal :]
|http://www.andrewcrofts.com/sold.html sowas ?|
|was isn das ungefähre thema dieses buches?|
|In 1980, at respectively 14 and 15 years old, Nadia and Zana Muhsen were sold to Yemenite "husbands" by their father, without their mother's knowledge, for $2,500 each.|
Imprisoned, humiliated, beaten, raped, deprived of all rights, living under unimaginable sanitary conditions, Zana and Nadia were stripped of their childhood and forced to live a medieval lifestyle. Zana managed to escape after eight long years of slavery but, to recover her freedom, had to leave her son Marcus to Nadia's care. Nadia could not bring herself to leave her own children behind. In 2000, at now 34 years old, Nadia is still a prisoner in Yemen, with her six children.
Zana and Miriam have sworn to free Nadia from her prison, so that she can recover her life. This site is a tribute to Nadia. May it help her recover her freedom. Help Nadia by lighting a candle for her.
The black background symbolizes grief. It will become white the day Nadia returns home, in England, with her children, free.
|@derliebeshu ja sowas, aber über die autoren und nicht über die story des buches! bzw eher nur über "andrew crofts"|
@paw: zwangsehen im jemen usw. wahre geschichte
@paw genau darüber aber ich brauch infos über den autor andrew crofts (;
| * October 13th - Nadia's birthday|
* February 1st, 2000 - The Yemen Times Chief Editor, Walid Al-Saqqaf want to organise a meeting with Zana and Miriam in London with the British Ambassador to Yemen, H.E. Vic Anderson.
* January 31, 2000 - It's seem that The Yemen Times make an interview with Nadia
* January 20, 2000 - Zana has written a new book, "A promise to Nadia", and there is a huge interest in the story again from the media and television. She is doing lots of promotion for the book now. You can buy the book from Amazon.co.uk.
* January 13, 2000 - We recieve a mail from Yemen Times,who decided to launch a huge campaign about Nadia's case and try to reveal the secrets due to the tremendously strong demand by there readers to publish a report in this regards
* An organisation which has recently merged with Lost Children International, which is called R E T U R N - this stands for Remember Everyone Taken Unlawfully, Remember Nadia, this group is campaigning for Nadia's release from slavery in Yemen and are currently planning a march through the streets of Birmingham where Nadia grew up.
* Nadia is extremely ill, she now weights six stone and has six children
* They very nearly had her husband talked into going to England with her and the 6 children but when her brother turned up with all the tickets he changed his mind.
* Zana also paid mercenaries over 250,000 pounds to get her out but they fed her all sorts of stories over a period of 2 years and took her money and ran.
* Nadia?s oldest girl is coming of a marriageable age and that has them all worried
* Also, last time the Embassy staff went to check on Nadia, her husband sent someone in Nadia?s place. She was wearing a veil and couldn?t speak English very well, so who knows what has happened over there
* In 1994, an agreement is secured between the Yemnin Ambassador, London ansd a British Peer. This agreement entails the release of Nadia, her children and Marcus her nephew, and safe passage to Britain, for a holiday at least. After securing this agreement, the pending legal action was dropped, in a gesture of goodwill, however, due to elections at that time Yemen, and the subsequent war between North and South, this agreement had been "misplaced"
* Miriam, Nadia's mother, send to me a fax from Mo, Nadia's brother, when he was in Yemen, in 1996. He saw Nadia and he describe her like a zombie and she would prefer to forgot the last 16 yrs. She want to come home, but it's up to "him", her "husband".
naja würde sicher was finden, aber ekein zeit^^
|schreib ihm doch ne mail |
|Biography - Colonel (Noel) Andrew Croft, DSO, OBE 1906 ? 1998|
Andrew Croft had a diverse and distinguished career as Arctic explorer, SOE agent behind the German lines during World War II and latterly as reforming Commandant both of the Plymouth-based Infantry Boys? Battalion and thereafter the Army Apprentices School at Harrogate. Colonel Croft was invited by then Commissioner, Sir Joseph Simpson, to (re-) create a Cadet Corps for the Metropolitan Police.
He arrived in 1960 and retired in 1971 shortly before his 65th birthday. During his time as Commandant, the system of training underwent complete overhaul. Andrew Croft was not, however, a man to sit behind a desk. He participated in every activity, outdoor and indoor; it was his example that converted new recruits into some of the best policemen of their time.
For Croft, every young man had talent and could be trained to bring out the best in himself and, in due course, pass on the skills he had learned. Croft knew each man?s history; he shared their triumphs and disasters; with sympathy and insight, he imbued them with his own exemplary integrity and leadership skills.
Croft was awarded the DSO for his achievements in North Africa, Corsica and France during 1943-44 and was appointed OBE in 1970. His participation in the Oxford University Arctic Expedition of 1935-36 earned him the Polar medal.
His retirement came far too early, at the peak of his powers; he remained, however, the inspiration to many of those who came after him. Fittingly, his tombstone carries the inscription ?Explorer, soldier and leader of men?.
* Croft, Andrew: Geographical Magazine. 1935, 1937, 1938 & 1947
* Glenn, AR assisted by Croft, Andrew: Under the Pole Star - The Oxford University Arctic Expedition 1935-36
* Croft, Andrew: West Greenland Sledge Dogs. Polar Record, 1937
* Croft, Andrew: Polar Exploration. 1939 (2nd Ed 1947)
* Croft, Andrew and Roberts, Brian: Notes on Selection and Care of Polar Footware. Polar Record, 1940
* Croft, Andrew: Report Number 35 by the British Army Observer on Exercise "Musk-Ox". Military Operational Research Unit, 1946
* Croft, Andrew: Mountain Warfare. MI Review, 1947
* Croft, Andrew: The Army and the Boy. British Army Review, 1960
* Croft, Andrew: A Talent for Adventure. 1991
hier steht alles über den Autor
die zana muhsen is 1965 geboren...
|Seiten: 1 2|
Weitere interessante Beiträge aus dem Forum:
Referate Einbruch Credits zu verschenken
3 credits bitte... dringend